Friday, August 21, 2009

Biking in L'ville

After months of discussing buying new bikes, my husband and I finally took the plunge and bought two new mountain bikes! I'm super excited and have been trying to explore the neighborhood more, this time by bike.

The other night we went riding around Cherokee Park and then decided to head over towards Seneca Park. If I have one complaint about the parks here its that there are no maps. We got "lost" per say and had to ask how to weave our way back home. Seneca Park doesn't seem to be as good for riding along trails, but I have also been on Cherokee Park many more times so I'm probably just biased. Overall it was fun though, and I'm excited to get back out and try the real mountain biking trails other than the paved paths.

Another comment about biking here - after having biked around the neighborhood to do some errands and also as a mode of transportation when we went out the other night - is that there are very few places to lock up your bike on Bardstown Rd. People get around this by locking bikes to trashcans, but you would think the city would figure out that bike racks aren't that expensive. Just my little rant... Needless to say, getting along Bardstown Rd anytime of day is much easier by bike and I will certainly adopt the trashcan-locking system myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment