Friday, August 7, 2009

Exploring

So I'm trying to get out and explore the area right now since we're new. So far I have been jogging through Cherokee Park, which as far as I can tell is probably the best city park I've ever seen. It's huge and has great trails through it. I hope to purchase a bike in the next week or two and I can't wait to explore some of the side trails intended for hiking and biking through the park. I've only ventured along the hard paved surfaces thus far, but I hope to get a bike in the next few weeks and explore the rest!

As for town itself, we've been out all along Bardstown Rd now which is super cool and has tons of bars, restaurants, boutiques and coffee shops. Heine Bros. certainly makes a good cup a joe and Carmichael's is an awesome bookstore. Tonight we're going to go check out what Friday night is like in the neighborhood and I'm hoping it lives up to what we've heard. Free music and $1 beers at the intersection of Eastern Parkway to start and then who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment